Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Jap91
Offaly Rep

Male Posts : 4498

PostSubject: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:03 pm

As above the four of mine have vanished an its started maken a clunking noise everytime i take off

Wanted asap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BiMotoMan
Moderator/Minion

Male Posts : 8859

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:21 pm

? Disc is held by wheel studs (4) when wheel is bolted on.

Is that he's shield in back of brake disc U thinking about?

If so its stansart M6 head 10 bolts to hold it in.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:47 pm

The holes in the disc to secure it to the hub?

Definetly in the disc as i can move it back and forth and it hits of the wheel studs,thats whats causing the noise
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glanzadude
Elite Member

Male Posts : 2945

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:18 pm

no idea what you mean the discs are only in place with wheels nuts
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BiMotoMan
Moderator/Minion

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:48 pm

Once wheel is bolted on, disc is pressed and no chance for it to move about.
Small 6mm bolt won't hold in place, no chance.

U might b missing shims that space out brake pads, and they click inside carrier maybe
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 6:58 pm

Lads theres two holes in each disc to hold it in place

If thats the case why is it still moving back an forth when iv the wheel on?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BiMotoMan
Moderator/Minion

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:02 pm

What wheels U have? Something's not right with Ur car alri.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:10 pm

Right, go out an take ur wheel off and look at the two screws in the disc!

There the 1s that are missing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 7:11 pm

I just have four steels on at min
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisglanza97

Male Posts : 423

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:18 pm

What are the steel wheels off of , the reason I'm asking is cause that's probably whats causing your problem , they might not be pushing the disc in properly when the nuts are tightened . I had the same problem with my civic , you'd think the wheel was on properly and the nuts could be as tight as possible but the center still wouldn't be on properly.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:44 pm

Lads theres two holes for screws in the discs il put up pics tomoro
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:45 pm

There the screws to keep the disc center
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tbk

Male Posts : 545

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 8:53 pm

They aren't really needed they are only there for convenience to hold the disc in place whilst the wheel or caliper is off.

The actual studs for the wheels are what hold the disc in place when the wheel is tight. If the disc is moving around when the wheel is tight then there is something else wrong!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chrisglanza97

Male Posts : 423

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:00 pm

^^ x2 we know the screws are meant to be there but if the discs are loose when the wheel is on it wouldn't be from them being missing , them screws are a nuisance anyway , you usually have to get an impact screwdriver to them to get em out , they are probably gone because someone made shit of them taking them out its easy to do
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Ye are missing the point lads

The screws are missing as it is,so even if the wheel is as tight as it can be if the screws arnt in it to keep it center what else is it gona do only move back and forth on take offs..

I guarntee when i put the screws in that the clunking will stop, theres screws there for a reason!

So has anyone got four?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:57 pm

tbk wrote:
They aren't really needed they are only there for convenience to hold the disc in place whilst the wheel or caliper is off.

The actual studs for the wheels are what hold the disc in place when the wheel is tight. If the disc is moving around when the wheel is tight then there is something else wrong!

It doesnt stop the disc from moving and hititing the studs thats why the screws are there to hold it center

Back to top Go down
View user profile
HiGGYep91
Elite Member

Male Posts : 4232

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:29 pm

I put dimpled and grooved discs on my glanza long ago and didn't have the screws you're on about, disc on, caliper on, wheel on then studs and that should be it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glanzadude
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:32 pm

i have a gt and a glanza and both are the same dont know what discs you have
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foggy
Elite Member

Male Posts : 14115

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 10:32 pm

There are no screws holding on disks. Not even from the factory
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Andyseadog
Wicklow Rep

Male Posts : 7361

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:42 pm

i reckon it could be the spigot on your hub is larger than the centre bore of the steel wheel you are using. the wheel is tightening up, but it's not sandwiching the disk. post a pic of the wheel.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BiMotoMan
Moderator/Minion

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 7:54 am

Andyseadog wrote:
i reckon it could be the spigot on your hub is larger than the centre bore of the steel wheel you are using. the wheel is tightening up, but it's not sandwiching the disk. post a pic of the wheel.

X2
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:49 am

Right anyone that has standard disc on there gt or glanza go and look at the discs.. There is two holes to center the disk on to the hub..

Ths disc is hitting off the studs causing the noise..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:51 am

Them two small holes are the ones im on about.. They center the disc, and dont say there not needed lads there put there for a reason

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-GLANZA-EP82-FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-/300357451598
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tbk

Male Posts : 545

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:55 am

They are only there for convenience to keep the disc in place when the wheel or caliper is off.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5e colin

Male Posts : 7883

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:58 am

you can buy them in toyota

also if the disc moves then your wheels ARE NOT tight enough my friend get the wheel brace out and retighten them before they fall off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:02 pm

tbk wrote:
They are only there for convenience to keep the disc in place when the wheel or caliper is off.

Disc stays on regardless when the wheel is off.. Its when you take off the caliper the disc will come off..

I know whats maken the noise, me and the brother jacked up the car there with the wheel off and i put it into 1st gear and lifted the clutch and the disc hit the studs causing the noise.. Jacked it back down put the wheel on as tight as it can be with the impact gun, into 1st and same thing again so im pretty sure the screws should be in it lads..

Simple as..

So can someone please sort me out with some??
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:03 pm

5e colin wrote:
you can buy them in toyota  

also if the disc moves then your wheels ARE NOT tight enough my friend  get the wheel brace out and retighten them before they fall off

I think a tengtool impact gun would be enough colin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BiMotoMan
Moderator/Minion

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Jap91 wrote:
I know whats maken the noise, me and the brother jacked up the car there with the wheel off and i put it into 1st gear and lifted the clutch and the disc hit the studs causing the noise.. Jacked it back down put the wheel on as tight as it can be with the impact gun, into 1st and same thing again so im pretty sure the screws should be in it lads..

Simple as

Ahh, lad,

U and Ur brother clearlly have no idea how it works.

Them philips head bolts can b got from motor factors for e1 each
but that wont sort Ur problem.

If U have ecces play on stud holes them small bolts with cut second U apply brakes.
Disc is held by wheel struds when wheel is bolted on,
and if its lose with wheel on and tight there is some other problem there.

U must have rims with centre bore smaller than toyota hub,
and they dont sit hub centric.
For thet they leave space for discs to wonder.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
richardc9052
Elite Member

Male Posts : 8005

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 12:50 pm

Epic thread. You need to start listening to people. As above. The wheels you have on the car don't fit the hubs properly. End of story.

The hub is flat with disk sitting on it. The studs go through the disk and the wheel. If the disk is moving then there is something not allowing them to sandwich together as they should.

Check your clearances and try another set of wheels.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Glanzadude
Elite Member

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:34 pm

Jap91 wrote:
Them two small holes are the ones im on about.. They center the disc, and dont say there not needed lads there put there for a reason

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/TOYOTA-STARLET-GLANZA-EP82-FRONT-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-/300357451598

Them two holes are to help you remove the disc from the hub as over time the disc get stuck to the hub so you put two bolts in the threaded holes on the discs to push out the disc

If you have other TOYOTA wheels try them and see is it the same. they have to be the wrong wheels you have as said before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   

Back to top Go down

Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next