Share | 

Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
cannon91
Kildare Rep

Male Posts : 2827

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:51 pm

As glanzadude has just said, those two holes in the standard discs are simply for pressing out the old disc. The hub isn't threaded to hold the disc on.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

Male Posts : 4523

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:00 pm

Epic thread is right!

They are original toyota wheels that are on it they came off a corolla van

Brother is very mechanicaly minded as it is,im just going to get the studs for it tmro and i guarntee the clunking stops

But toyota just put the bolt holes there for show is it?

Dont get me wrong i see yer point but them bolts missing are the cause,when i put them in tmro itl stop the disc moving even a quater of a mill because its centerd on the hub when the screws are in it,keeping the disc secured in the right spot even with the wheel off
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:01 pm

Lads its the loose disc causing the noise simple as,car was on the lift and thats the only thing thats maken noise and loose
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 2:13 pm

BiMotoMan wrote:
Jap91 wrote:
I know whats maken the noise, me and the brother jacked up the car there with the wheel off and i put it into 1st gear and lifted the clutch and the disc hit the studs causing the noise.. Jacked it back down put the wheel on as tight as it can be with the impact gun, into 1st and same thing again so im pretty sure the screws should be in it lads..

Simple as

Ahh, lad,

U and Ur brother clearlly have no idea how it works.

Them philips head bolts can b got from motor factors for e1 each
but that wont sort Ur problem.

If U have ecces play on stud holes them small bolts with cut second U apply brakes.
Disc is held by wheel struds when wheel is bolted on,
and if its lose with wheel on and tight there is some other problem there.

U must have rims with centre bore smaller than toyota hub,
and they dont sit hub centric.
For thet they leave space for discs to wonder.

Yes sham i see ur point dont get me wrong but the wheels are dead tight but stil disc moves
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conorgsexr11
Elite Member

Male Posts : 4579

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:10 pm

the disc should not move when wheel is bolted up. get a verniers and measure the centre bore of the wheel then measure the centre on the hub.

its the only thing that could be causing the disc to still be able to move while wheel is bolted on.

i have those holes in my genuine toyota discs on celica but they are threaded holes for jacking off the discs and the ones in the rear are for rubber gromets to pop out to adjust rear handbrake without toally dissambling rear disc setup.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:23 pm

We have checkd the center bore on each and its spot on

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Foggy
Elite Member

Male Posts : 14122

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:27 pm

If you have a issue with the brakes I'd advise you take it to someone that actually knows what there doing
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BiMotoMan
Moderator/Minion

Male Posts : 8882

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:44 pm

Ur brother must of have seen/worked on german car brakes before as they often have
small 'convinience' bolt holding disc on to hub.

Well studed hubs like toyotas or fords dont need/have that system
since dysc is sitting on 4studs already.

threaded hole in Toyota dysc is for removal purposes and there is

NO THREADED HOLE IN HUB TO BOLT DYSC ON TO VIA SMALL BOLT

on Toyota glanza.

Ur wheels dont sandwich dysc properlly thats it.

If its genuine wheels U using then maybe Ur wheel nuts are not deep inough to take all tread in
and for thet they dont put correct presure on rim.

P.S.
Take Foggys advice before any major accident happends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:56 pm

Im just repeating myself lads

Wheels are toyota,discs are toyota nutts and studs are toyota ok, everyting is bolted up dead tight but still the disc moves a mm or so,ever so slightly but can still here a tap of the disc hiting stud!

Doing my head in now
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sxe10mike

Male Posts : 5454

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:00 pm

Can you see the disc moving?

Maybe your pads are the wrong size and hitting the inside of the caliper when engaging the disc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.facebook.com/Michael.Yorke.Jnr
DjNr8

Male Posts : 18025

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:12 pm

can you post a pic, it'll make this a lot easier. in what way is the disc moving? to me it sounds like the holes for the wheel studs are too big and they're play in the discs

View user profile
ChrisssAhhh
Meath Rep

Male Posts : 3031

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:16 pm

DjNr8 wrote:
can you post a pic, it'll make this a lot easier. in what way is the disc moving? to me it sounds like the holes for the wheel studs are too big and they're play in the discs

Theres a link on page one of a pic of the holes Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DjNr8

Male Posts : 18025

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:18 pm

Slow internet, sound chris

View user profile
richardc9052
Elite Member

Male Posts : 8005

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:59 pm

Out of everyone here. Your brother being mechanically minded vs Bimotoman who is fully qualified and runs his own garage I know who I would listen too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
conorgsexr11
Elite Member

Male Posts : 4579

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 5:03 pm

is there any chance your anti rattle clips have fallen out of the calliper and its the pads banging your hearing?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:12 pm

Well considering my brother is a hgv mechanic and also runs his own business,very mechanicaly minded with cars but qualified hgv mechanic,but thanks for ur input richard

Everyting is spot on lads pads discs etc all glanza parts,its goin to the brothers work after 6 tmro so post up then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5e colin

Male Posts : 7890

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:26 pm

ere jap91 i just checked my spare discs and hubs and they are not bolt on there is nothing to thread into on the hubs
its like the boys mentioned before for removing the discs only

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:29 pm

Sorted

there was a small lump of stone caught between the disc and hub,the disc wasnt siting flat or tight like it should,only noticed as the pad on the outside was worn more than the inside,the wheel didnt wobble tho not that i could feel through the steering wheel or in general

Put disc back on and theres not a budge from it now thank fuck was very annoying

Thanks for replys
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jap91
Offaly Rep

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:30 pm

Yeh have hubs here colin
Back to top Go down
View user profile
richardc9052
Elite Member

Male Posts : 8005

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   Sun Oct 05, 2014 6:32 pm

Lol locked
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub   

Back to top Go down

Four screws to hold glanza disc to hub
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2