TOC-IRL

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistLog inRegister

Share | 

NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
hanlonmk1

PostSubject: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:04 pm

Hi,
93 Corolla XLi 5-dr hatchback failed NCT for damaged drivers seat (side ripped) + seat belt (frayed), having trouble finding parts off a dismantled/scrap car.
Does anybody know if the seats/seatbelts from 90s Starlets would be the same (they seemed to have a lot of common parts between 1.3 Corollas and Starlets)

Cheers..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corkery96
Paid Member

Male Posts : 286

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:07 pm

You can put a seatcover on the seat it will pass on that then
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squire
Administrator

Male Posts : 12086

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 4:46 pm

Please post up an intro, thanks

>>>>>>>>>>MAKE A DONATION!!<<<<<<<<<<

Att: Kilkenny members--------->>>>>>>

Tezmanian Devil!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squire
Administrator

Male Posts : 12086

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 6:49 pm

Re-opened and free bump for ya! Wink

>>>>>>>>>>MAKE A DONATION!!<<<<<<<<<<

Att: Kilkenny members--------->>>>>>>

Tezmanian Devil!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DjNr8

Male Posts : 18029

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sat Nov 01, 2014 7:01 pm

Know a guy in laois breaking a corolla, he'd have a seatbelt there and probably a seat too if interested?

View user profile
hanlonmk1

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sun Nov 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Probably a couple of photos here might have helped..
I should have known better really but all the same these bits were only slightly less worn last year and the year before and they passed fine.

I did hear about just putting a seat cover on and see if it might pass that on re-test, there is metal exposed a bit so was thinking of getting some of the foam over that and glueing/stitching and then put seat cover over it?

On the seatbelt, I actually got talking to a fella off Donedeal who dismantles Starlets, he mentioned carefully cutting the frayed strands and then sealing with a lighter (or I was thinking soldering iron), he reckoned he got one to pass like that before?

@DjNr8

Thanks for the tip, I'll see how I get on and might pm you alright, thanks
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DjNr8

Male Posts : 18029

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:08 pm

you need 50 posts to pm on site, helps prevent people lurking

just reply here and I'll keep and eye on the thread

View user profile
davey_c

Male Posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:42 pm

corkery96 wrote:
You can put a seatcover on the seat it will pass on that then

Not ment as spam but that doesn't always work... There was I time there when they wouldn't look at a car with the seats covered and it's still a case where it depends on the tester, some will throw a blind eye but some won't... The seat 1 is just another lousy visual tbh...
Sorry if the op thinks this post was unnecessary Cool

Could you get a loan of a seat n belt maybe? I know I've done it before for a mate with the same issue to get his car passed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?   

Back to top Go down

NCT fail, 93 Corolla XLi, driver's seat and seatbelt, trying to find parts?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1