TOC-IRL
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 modification report on NCT sheet

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
michael.osullivan.148
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 1235
Join date : 2012-12-19
Age : 22
Location : West Cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 09, 2014 9:50 pm

chris.delaney.73 wrote:
forgive me if this is stupid but surley they wont need an engineers report on the likes of a back box No
Would highly doubt it lad! I made up my own silencer for mine and it did the trick the last two years nct'ing the car!
If its very loud sometimes you're just better off putting on a standard back box system!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris.delaney.73
Meath Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 1096
Join date : 2014-10-01
Age : 22
Location : Athboy Meath

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:45 pm

michael.osullivan.148 wrote:
chris.delaney.73 wrote:
forgive me if this is stupid but surley they wont need an engineers report on the likes of a back box No
Would highly doubt it lad! I made up my own silencer for mine and it did the trick the last two years nct'ing the car!
If its very loud sometimes you're just better off putting on a standard back box system!

i have a silencer i dont mind that bit, I was just wondering how picky they'd be with this "modification section" would they expect a engineers report on all the work as in coilover, exhausts, or brake conversions.... anything thats different now than what was on the car new
a mate of mine was thinking its to do away with people doing the work themself or as nixers after hours. more or less all work to be carried out by a recognised garage/mechanic
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Vtec-eater

avatar

Male Posts : 2058
Join date : 2011-12-03
Location : Westmeath

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:59 pm

I brought my mivec in for test on Friday and it has tein coilovers, gsr recaro front seats, a 2.5" fujitsubo cat back and an aftermarket momo steering wheel and all it failed on was tracking
Back to top Go down
View user profile
corkery96
Paid Member
avatar

Male Posts : 286
Join date : 2013-10-10
Age : 22
Location : Cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:16 am

took my glanza to nct not so long ago pretty much everything on it is aftermarket and all it failed on was emissions, never heard anything about getting an engineers report for it before
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanjo Wong

avatar

Male Posts : 1414
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Co. Dublin

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:31 am

Probably some centres are not using this report yet.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tezza mick
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 5491
Join date : 2010-07-02
Location : Galway

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:55 am

Foggy wrote:
cannon91 wrote:
I think it gives the NCT centres the power to fail cars for dangerous modifications not listed elsewhere in the guidelines.

It shouldn't be of any concern for us car enthusiasts who work hard to do things right on cars.

Well said!

I wish this to be true, but i dont think the likes of Paschal Donohoe is going to know the difference between quality parts and something cheap. Who knows next year he might decide that any change to suspension from the factory will be a fail, hes not going to care whether you have Teins or some cheap ebay shit.

There is already talk of having to test vintage cars even if they are only brought out twice a year.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cannon91
Kildare Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 2827
Join date : 2012-04-21
Age : 26
Location : Kildare

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:24 am

It's more than just talk about testing vintage cars. The RSA are seriously pushing it to happen.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5e colin

avatar

Male Posts : 7890
Join date : 2011-07-09

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:30 am

think i can forget to pass with my polo coils think i will have to budget for a long time to buy pro coils
but then again no starlet coil is tuv approved so might fail to ????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aidan

avatar

Male Posts : 1542
Join date : 2010-07-04
Age : 27
Location : cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:41 pm

I think it's only right that vintage cars are tested... How does it make any sense that oh that car is 30 years old so the brakes and everything are definitely going to be fine
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ep82mad

avatar

Male Posts : 821
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 24

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:51 pm

aidan wrote:
I think it's only right that vintage cars are tested... How does it make any sense that oh that car is 30 years old so the brakes and everything are definitely going to be fine

X2 ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
ChristopherEP70

avatar

Male Posts : 2750
Join date : 2011-12-21
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:25 pm

There's plenty of lads with vintage cars using different plates,log books etc probably why there kicking such a fuss
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HiGGYep91
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 4232
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 27
Location : Galway

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:34 pm

Nct on pre 80's cars is bullshit. It's a money racket.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
metallidude



Posts : 5
Join date : 2014-05-17

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 11:34 am

So got the nct fail sheet with the Modifications Report -Where Required (62) under Aural/Visual Defects.

Judging from the posts on here, it is because of my AM steering wheel so I got an OEM one.

My Q is... if this item is on your fail sheet but you turn up for the re-test with a stock steering wheel put back on instead of the mods report, is that an OK then?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rollavanman

avatar

Male Posts : 4197
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : west cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:35 pm

i got my rolla done in november with coils alloys the hole lot in and it passed fine. realistically if you have a after market steering wheel in a car that came with an airbag i think its only sense that it will fail, same goes for homemade rails i think..when i crashed my van 1 of the 4 bolts holding down the seat sheered. things like them need to be 100%
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gtouring

avatar

Male Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-04-27
Age : 30
Location : Galway

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:29 pm

Well I got no warning for my wagon and I have a Levin front on it so I wouldn't worry to much about it only reason you'd worry is if you have made something fit badly and cheaply
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRD93
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 2438
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 24
Location : Cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:48 pm

Will a rear levin brake conversion on a e10 corolla fail without an engineers report so? Even though its not aftermarket?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HiGGYep91
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 4232
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 27
Location : Galway

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:51 pm

TRD93 wrote:
Will a rear levin brake conversion on a e10 corolla fail without an engineers report so? Even though its not aftermarket?

Testers won't even notice the difference I'd say
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRD93
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 2438
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 24
Location : Cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:54 pm

Going from drums to discs though?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanjo Wong

avatar

Male Posts : 1414
Join date : 2014-01-21
Age : 23
Location : Co. Dublin

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:57 pm

I doubt they will even notice that. Its not their job to know every aspect of every make and model of car like Razz

My mum had her car in the NCT in November. Just glanced at it and passed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
gtouring

avatar

Male Posts : 1692
Join date : 2014-04-27
Age : 30
Location : Galway

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:40 pm

TRD93 wrote:
Will a rear levin brake conversion on a e10 corolla fail without an engineers report so? Even though its not aftermarket?

Mine passed with disk on the back I went from drums to disk
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gambit-irl

avatar

Male Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-02-14
Location : Clare / Limerick

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:44 pm

it may make it a little harder and a little more expensive but it will not stop proper car modding.
If anyone is in doubt take a trip to the rally of the lakes each may where the town is taken over by scobes driving some wreckless heaps around the place like nutters.If it takes these things off the road its no bad thing.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRD93
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 2438
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 24
Location : Cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:13 pm

gtouring wrote:
TRD93 wrote:
Will a rear levin brake conversion on a e10 corolla fail without an engineers report so? Even though its not aftermarket?

Mine passed with disk on the back I went from drums to disk

Ah sweet Very Happy Now just the engine conversion to worry about! haha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HiGGYep91
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 4232
Join date : 2011-11-09
Age : 27
Location : Galway

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:13 pm

Gambit-irl wrote:
it may make it a little harder and a little more expensive but it will not stop proper car modding.
If anyone is in doubt take a trip to the rally of the lakes each may where the town is taken over by scobes driving some wreckless heaps around the place like nutters.If it takes these things off the road its no bad thing.

I agree. It was my first year down there and I was expecting a much higher standard of cars to be out and about but I was hugely mistaken. Some amount of shit on wheels
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cannon91
Kildare Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 2827
Join date : 2012-04-21
Age : 26
Location : Kildare

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Engine change will be ok.
My cynos went through with the 4efte
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TRD93
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 2438
Join date : 2011-01-03
Age : 24
Location : Cork

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:41 pm

"may not be as advertised"! Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathan mckeown g6 4-efe!!
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 23
Location : longford

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:29 pm

i put mine thrue in august with 16'' alloys lowered on 60mm springs and powerflow exhaust and a big trd sticker covering the back window and she passed with them on and yellow jdm fogs. once everything is done right and not crazy or dangerous i dont think they will care
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mccartney11
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 3786
Join date : 2012-07-07
Location : Dundalk

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:19 pm

aidan wrote:
I think it's only right that vintage cars are tested... How does it make any sense that oh that car is 30 years old so the brakes and everything are definitely going to be fine


a lot of 30 year old cars are not in daily use though.... because insurance companies don't want to insure them as a daily vehicle, so paying to have you car tested so you can take it to a show is just a money racket imo.. and they are usually kept to a high standard mechanically lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathan mckeown g6 4-efe!!
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 23
Location : longford

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:24 pm

mccartney11 wrote:
aidan wrote:
I think it's only right that vintage cars are tested... How does it make any sense that oh that car is 30 years old so the brakes and everything are definitely going to be fine


a lot of 30 year old cars are not in daily use though.... because insurance companies don't want to insure them as a daily vehicle, so paying to have you car tested so you can take it to a show is just a money racket imo.. and they are usually kept to a high standard mechanically lol

i have mixed opinions on it to be honest. like if its only been drivin a few times a year its not gunna fail a test so shouldnt be an issue and you would pay 50 euro once a year if it ment keepin your car on the road. but for ones driven daily its only fair that there tested as there as much of a liability as any other car when they use the road daily. its simple use once or twice= wont fail test. use daily= could be probloms if not tested and cause an accident that probly could of been prevented ? not everyone that drives old cars look after them alot drive them because there cheaper than mordern or modernish cars think about it
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mccartney11
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 3786
Join date : 2012-07-07
Location : Dundalk

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Tue Dec 30, 2014 10:31 pm

nathan mckeown g6 4-efe!! wrote:
mccartney11 wrote:
aidan wrote:
I think it's only right that vintage cars are tested... How does it make any sense that oh that car is 30 years old so the brakes and everything are definitely going to be fine


a lot of 30 year old cars are not in daily use though.... because insurance companies don't want to insure them as a daily vehicle, so paying to have you car tested so you can take it to a show is just a money racket imo.. and they are usually kept to a high standard mechanically lol

i have mixed opinions on it to be honest. like if its only been drivin a few times a year its not gunna fail a test so shouldnt be an issue and you would pay 50 euro once a year if it ment keepin your car on the road. but for ones driven daily its only fair that there tested as there as much of a liability as any other car when they use the road daily. its simple use once or twice= wont fail test. use daily= could be probloms if not tested and cause an accident that probly could of been prevented ? not everyone that drives old cars look after them alot drive them because there cheaper than mordern or modernish cars think about it

not really cheaper though if driven daily, part breaks, can't get new, have the hassle of going second hand and can't find them.... anyway this is pointless talking about as it doesn't really have a lot to do with the original post lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nathan mckeown g6 4-efe!!
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 1073
Join date : 2014-04-07
Age : 23
Location : longford

PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:14 am

mccartney11 wrote:
nathan mckeown g6 4-efe!! wrote:
mccartney11 wrote:
aidan wrote:
I think it's only right that vintage cars are tested... How does it make any sense that oh that car is 30 years old so the brakes and everything are definitely going to be fine


a lot of 30 year old cars are not in daily use though.... because insurance companies don't want to insure them as a daily vehicle, so paying to have you car tested so you can take it to a show is just a money racket imo.. and they are usually kept to a high standard mechanically lol

i have mixed opinions on it to be honest. like if its only been drivin a few times a year its not gunna fail a test so shouldnt be an issue and you would pay 50 euro once a year if it ment keepin your car on the road. but for ones driven daily its only fair that there tested as there as much of a liability as any other car when they use the road daily. its simple use once or twice= wont fail test. use daily= could be probloms if not tested and cause an accident that probly could of been prevented ? not everyone that drives old cars look after them alot drive them because there cheaper than mordern or modernish cars think about it

not really cheaper though if driven daily, part breaks, can't get new, have the hassle of going second hand and can't find them.... anyway this is pointless talking about as it doesn't really have a lot to do with the original post lol

in fairness its not cheaper but it is safer if it is in daily use and yea true lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: modification report on NCT sheet   

Back to top Go down
 
modification report on NCT sheet
Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyotaownersclub-irl :: Car Chat and Modification's :: NCT/DOE Section-
Jump to: