TOC-IRL

HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistLog inRegister

Share | 

Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mDx

PostSubject: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:30 am

Hello everyone, been a while as I wasn't logged in this website lol. Right so I was doing my FIRST NCT in this car IS200 test this evening, I already suspected that It will fail on emmissions and probably Brakes.
Well i let it go, and failed just on High rev co, which was 0.27 fail - 0.20 above. Lambda seems ok 1.00
Problem 1: I brought this car from beamstezza, last year he passed the test okey, probably he was lazy to fix the gasket which was 2minute job and only 8 euro for 2 from toyota parts. So he decided probably to put the Red waffle yoke to fix the hole where should the gasket go, just before the catalyc. I did noticed the hole about 2 months ago before nct I jacked it up, looked for a part that I had to get and i just got it. And before that I did got weird noise coming from the exhaust as it was a leak, and after a while i did get that light showing me on dashboard, but i removed it, and never showed back up again, hopefully I didnt wreck it. So My thoughts is the Catalyc converter could be wrecked because he tryed to glue that hole with the red stuff that you fix the holes with, i heard they let really bad co out of ur exhaust and if its before the Catalyc it might more likely to wreck it. But before I move to the expensive part what should I check? Voltage of oxygen sensors? Notice: It doesnt burn a dip of engine oil. Maybe I still have the leak somewhere but its very small, also when i took out the exhaust apart ( catalyc ) Ive notice something falling off like Piece of metal squeeshed together, but ive looked up at the manifold and seen them a whole piece of them in there, called in toyota they said it shouldnt harm anything its just like a little silencer and cat together lol. What your thoughts on Problem 1?
PROBLEM 2, Airbag light is not working, when i brought this car from beamstezza i felt something sticky in the passenger side. Probably paint. Can't judge yet will check it tommorow, but if there is no airbag i am sure I can do a circuit to let that light appear and dissapear if anyone can remind me one.
Problem 3: Never have US lights while u in nct, ive asked couple's times in the NCT centre if you allowed to have them, most of them said yes. But the one who did NCT said no. Interesting, aswell with the Fog Conversion. lol
Thats all about it. The only main thing i am worried now is catalyc. Ill sort out that airbag bulb no problems, but should i check something else before i buy expensive unit.
Cheers in advance.
Ed
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lhegarty

Male Posts : 8196

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:46 am

the reading doesn't really seem that high, maybe a good service, some diptaine and a good drive into the NCT centre would sort that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beamstezza

Male Posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:20 am

Excuse me but the way you are making it out is as if I sold you the dodgey car

First off exhaust is a simple fix its needs a gasket I did not put anything in the exhaust ever because I never had a issue with it so it was previous owner who was a friend of Denis who you know and Denis maintained the car perfectly for him and always got what was needed.

And secondly when I sold you the car it was perfect and just passed Nct day before and to add to that I wish I had never sold the car as it was one the best Lexus iv owned
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5e colin

Male Posts : 7890

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:09 am

i love where this thread is going to go , a year later ha ha
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mDx

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:17 am

lhegarty wrote:
the reading doesn't really seem that high, maybe a good service, some diptaine and a good drive into the NCT centre would sort that.

Its serviced already, and I did good drive before nct lol, i know it isnt hight and what the best thing on low idle its only 0.05 out of 0.30 which is really low.. anyways what you mean by good service?, ive changed spark plugs ik20 at 18torq oil castrol edge 5w30 with oil filter, and air filter. Didnt change fuel filter yet, have to order it from toyota as its cheaper than in shop's who requiers 90euro for it lol and toyota 40euro. well that was when i called them and asked for a price.

Last edited by mDx on Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mDx

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 9:21 am

beamstezza wrote:
Excuse me but the way you are making it out is as if I sold you the dodgey car

First off exhaust is a simple fix its needs a gasket I did not put anything in the exhaust ever because I never had a issue with it so it was previous owner who was a friend of Denis who you know and Denis maintained the car perfectly for him and always got what was needed.

And secondly when I sold you the car it was perfect and just passed Nct day before and to add to that I wish I had never sold the car as it was one the best Lexus iv owned

I do agree that this is one of the cars, and not stabing you with the fingers if you think it of. Just saying that whatever had the car which I knew its you cuz that stuff I woudnt thing it would last long, well maybe but u were decating it so it couldnt wreck the cat if there was even the red stuff over there. And yes it it passed NCT thats the thing how in a year a good cat can fail ya, lol. And What about the Airbag light, was it ever on by the way. Not judging u or anything just saying what I saw when I was striping it aparts in d exhaust, no worries its still in its shape and does a lovely job, just the cat is the only that annoys me at the moment lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
beamstezza

Male Posts : 640

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 4:14 pm

A year on your complaining the car was perfect when i sold it to you it was owned by a mechanic and then maintained by denis who is an other mechanic.

The red stuff is exhaust paste and is normal to put on any exhaust just fit new seal the car is lowered and will catch speed ramps and I bet thats the reason its loose.

There was no issue with airbag light when when sold maybe loose connection under one the seats.

These things your complaining about are normal wear and tear that any owner will in counters with there cars.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
presogti
Elite Member

Male Posts : 6788

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:27 pm

thread fail lol,sounds accusatory aswell
Back to top Go down
View user profile
RichieMcleod
Elite Member

Male Posts : 2932

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Lad you can't come back and complain a year later about a car you bought. Anything you have mentioned is normal wear and tear on a car. Should be locked imo you can't give someone a bad name a year after buying the car.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siCorolla

Male Posts : 2051

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:35 pm

Fix the exhaust leak

Sort out the lights

Get it plugged in to see whats wrong with the airbag system

The majority of people would have all of these things checked out before bringing a car in for NCT rather than giving out about the person that sold you the car a year ago and trying to blame them for it failing lol!

Back to top Go down
View user profile
5e colin

Male Posts : 7890

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:41 pm

should leave it open richie Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owly.11859
Elite Member

Male Posts : 4569

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:54 pm

@siCorolla Glad someone said it just fix it there all tiny problems. buy off a garage with warranty if you want some come back
Back to top Go down
View user profile
mDx

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:28 pm

Well you can close this topic, its seems its getting worst. I am not blaming anyone, I just said everything about it, not blaming not judging. I know beams is a sound fella and all, and if you thing I am Judging or blaming anyone and anything then sorry, I am here to ask an opinions what should itry to do. Thank you to somebody who atleast helped me out what should I more likely to do to decrease the emmisions, can be closed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Squire
Administrator

Male Posts : 12086

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   Mon Feb 16, 2015 11:53 am

Locked.

If needs be, start up a new thread looking for help for your query but no names are to be mentioned

>>>>>>>>>>MAKE A DONATION!!<<<<<<<<<<

Att: Kilkenny members--------->>>>>>>

Tezmanian Devil!! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.   

Back to top Go down

Is200 NCT Failed 12/02 Lets sort this out.
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1