TOC-IRL
 
HomePortalCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistLog inRegister

Share | 
 

 A single or pair of tyres

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
chris gibson
Cavan Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 522
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 23
Location : cavan

PostSubject: A single or pair of tyres    Sat Feb 13, 2016 4:39 pm

Today a mate of mine gave me a set of tyres, but one is unusable, so I'm after a replacement, preferably a Michellen pilot xs or a Yokohama A359...

They need to be 195/45r15...

Thanks tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris gibson
Cavan Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 522
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 23
Location : cavan

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:11 pm

bump.... tongue
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corofin12345
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 20321
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 33
Location : Banner County

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:33 pm

Have you tried going to a tyre stop or ringing and asking to see have they any part worn tyres..? You can be very lucky with places.. I picked up 2 pirelli P6000's for the sister a few weeks back for 50 for the pair. They can't charge shelf prices for them and 60% of the time the tyres are near new
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toyotaownersclubirl.com
chris gibson
Cavan Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 522
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 23
Location : cavan

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:07 am

No i havent been anywhere yet, i did do some looking online at new ones but no luck so far
Back to top Go down
View user profile
anto16v
Dublin Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 3104
Join date : 2013-06-25
Location : Dublin

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:32 am

I'd be after a pair
Would never put odd tyres around a car
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris gibson
Cavan Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 522
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 23
Location : cavan

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:37 am

I have 2 Michellen and 1 Yokohama, so I'd take a pair of each of a single Yokohama if I could get my hands on them...

But yeah having a full set of the one brand would be much preferred...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
siCorolla

avatar

Male Posts : 2043
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 26
Location : South Tipperary

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:38 am

Why not just buy new ones?? I always found part worns to be a false economy, while they are cheaper they are usually old tires and wear quickly or have poor grip. Michilin Pilots aren't that expensive for what they are, they are actually really good value for money, similar ratings to Advans and a lot cheaper, only downside is they have an unattractive thread pattern if that bothers you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deccie22



Male Posts : 935
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:01 am

siCorolla wrote:
Why not just buy new ones?? I always found part worns to be a false economy, while they are cheaper they are usually old tires and wear quickly or have poor grip. Michilin Pilots aren't that expensive for what they are, they are actually really good value for money, similar ratings to Advans and a lot cheaper, only downside is they have an unattractive thread pattern if that bothers you.

dont know about that i can buy 60-80% eagle f1s, rainsports, t1r's, ventus prime and p-zero for around 20 squid depending on the above, and they have always been perfect
Back to top Go down
View user profile
chris gibson
Cavan Rep
avatar

Male Posts : 522
Join date : 2012-08-03
Age : 23
Location : cavan

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:01 pm

If I had to buy new ones I would but would probably buy toyos instead but at the same time I'm not fussy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Corofin12345
Elite Member
avatar

Male Posts : 20321
Join date : 2010-05-26
Age : 33
Location : Banner County

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:08 pm

siCorolla wrote:
Why not just buy new ones?? I always found part worns to be a false economy, while they are cheaper they are usually old tires and wear quickly or have poor grip. Michilin Pilots aren't that expensive for what they are, they are actually really good value for money, similar ratings to Advans and a lot cheaper, only downside is they have an unattractive thread pattern if that bothers you.

They can't sell you old tyres. If they do you can destroy them but that doesn't happen because they are not stupid enough to do so. Half these part worn tyres are near enough new, they get rid of old ones. I got the Pirelli's because some bloke came in with a blowout but nowhere had P6000's in stock so he just got 4 new tyres. Been lucky is the word here but again, they can't legally sell you old tyres or tyres worn beyond the legal limit..
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://toyotaownersclubirl.com
siCorolla

avatar

Male Posts : 2043
Join date : 2010-06-16
Age : 26
Location : South Tipperary

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:45 pm

Corofin12345 wrote:

They can't sell you old tyres. If they do you can destroy them but that doesn't happen because they are not stupid enough to do so. Half these part worn tyres are near enough new, they get rid of old ones. I got the Pirelli's because some bloke came in with a blowout but nowhere had P6000's in stock so he just got 4 new tyres. Been lucky is the word here but again, they can't legally sell you old tyres or tyres worn beyond the legal limit..

I consider a tire old once its 3 years old
Back to top Go down
View user profile
deccie22



Male Posts : 935
Join date : 2012-01-04
Age : 26

PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:43 am

siCorolla wrote:
Corofin12345 wrote:

They can't sell you old tyres. If they do you can destroy them but that doesn't happen because they are not stupid enough to do so. Half these part worn tyres are near enough new, they get rid of old ones. I got the Pirelli's because some bloke came in with a blowout but nowhere had P6000's in stock so he just got 4 new tyres. Been lucky is the word here but again, they can't legally sell you old tyres or tyres worn beyond the legal limit..

I consider a tire old once its 3 years old

true enough i got a pass/advisory on two tires because they were over 5 years old and i binned them asap
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: A single or pair of tyres    

Back to top Go down
 
A single or pair of tyres
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Single hook tagging method
» Single sided swing arms
» selling single bed-frame,canvas wardrobe & cupboard
» Should I keep same tyres?
» Winter Tyres: Feedback please

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Toyotaownersclub-irl :: Classifieds :: Wanted!!-
Jump to: